Defense Against Crime


January is National Personal Self-Defense Awareness Month.

January is National Personal Self-Defense Awareness Month.


 What would you do if you suddenly came face-to-face with a criminal or you felt Pepper-Spray-for-Security-of-Womenthreatened? You have two options Do something (Fight or Flight), or Do noting (be a victim).

If you look at the FBI Crime statistics you can see that it is only a matter of time that you can be targeted. In these times, it is very likely that you’ll be a target. Crime can happen to anyone, anyplace and at any time.  One crime not listed are sexual assaults, which happen every 98 seconds, according to RAINN. Will you know what to do when you find yourself in these situations? Are you prepared with the tools, knowledge, and skills to protect yourself and your loved ones when the need arises?

This month is dedicated to educating citizens, especially women and teens about realistic self-defense options that could very well save their lives. The aim is to emphasize that being totally prepared by raising your awareness, reducing your risk of being a victim. This, however, is only 90 percent of the equation. The other 10 percent of your safety is purely physical. The total package is aimed to make you more alert and more aware that to the fact that the key to their own safety lies within you.

Despite the recent reports that crime has dropped the following statistics have remained almost constant.



When the time comes, instead of being paralyzed with fear, you can be empowered with the right knowledge and the correct tools to STOP a potential life altering event if you buy the right protection and, arm yourself with the knowledge of how to protect yourself and guard your property.  Don’t let some offensive criminal behavior negatively impact your life.

The best way of protecting yourself is through personal self-defense education and training. Self-defense is not always about FIGHTING back.  Mr. Miyagi said in one of the Karate Kid movies  ” Best way to avoid punch, no be there.”  Your best way to avoid being a crime victim is to apply quick thinking and de-escalating methods to the situation in order to get away. Criminals feed off of vulnerability so stay alert to avoid becoming a statistic.  Did you know that approximately a large percentage of crime can be easily prevented?
How?  By being prepared.  By being alert! By being ready!
Survivors of rape and domestic violence will probably agree that avoidance is much easier than recovery.

Where to begin

  •  Learn to do smart things that will keep you safe.
  • Make it a point to enroll in a local self-defense class. Your local police can probably tell you about free classes.  While you are at it, take some friends with you.
  • If you are a College Student, see if your campus offers RAD Classes
  •  If you can’t avoid a situation, having the right self-defense product, and knowing how to use it correctly can allow you to escape.

PE_Banner_SelfDefense1 Self-Defense Products Store is dedicated to providing you with the best and most affordable self-defense products, survival and safety products on the market to meet the security needs of you, your family members or your business, by assisting anyone who is unwilling to become a victim of crime.  If you want to take personal responsibility for protection, home security, business security, purchase our high-quality discount self-defense products. Survival kits and arm yourself with the knowledge about self-defense and security products and information on the best way to stay secure in an ever-increasing violent world. In today’s society, being equipped mentally and physically is no longer an option. – Victor Swindell

Additional Resources


  1. Awesome informative post. Thanks for helpful article.


    Comment by sex toy dave — 05/01/2011 @ 11:44 AM

  2. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jon Good. Jon Good said: January is National Personal Self-Defense Awareness Month …: This month is dedicated to educate citizens, espe… […]


    Pingback by Tweets that mention January is National Personal Self-Defense Awareness Month. « Personal Protection and Security -- — 05/01/2011 @ 8:35 PM

  3. Keep posting stuff like this i really like it


    Comment by aromatherapy — 27/01/2011 @ 12:09 PM

  4. All very good points, but how do regular people protect themselves? How about non-lethal weapons? ie. Tasers, stun guns & pepper sprays for those that are physically or mentally unable to protect themselves with self defense fighting techniques?
    And when I say mentally unable, it takes a state of mind to be prepared to defend yourself physically.


    Comment by SDC — 16/02/2011 @ 10:32 AM

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: