Today I got home and there was a message on my caller ID with the ID name of REFUND. It came from (909) 271-0429 which is in California. The person who called had a thick foreign accent, they always seem to have thick foreign accents. The message said that they claimed to be from the IRS and that it was really important and if I didn’t return the call there would be consequences.
- I have to repeat the IRS WILL NOT CALL YOU.
- They will send you an official letter by mail that has all the verifiable information for you.
- The Internal Revenue Service does not use the Caller ID Name Refund.
If you received such a call.
- Do you volunteer or confirm and personal information.
- Hang up.
- Report it: https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/contact_report_scam.shtml