The month of October has many great causes and one of these can or probably will affect you in some way. Let us take a look at these.
National Crime Prevention Month
The estimate is over five hundred thousand crimes are committed in America each year. Those are only the recorded numbers. There are many unrecorded.
Here are the statistical crimes as reported by National Crime Statistics
- Every 22.2 seconds – One violent crime occurs
- Every 30.9 minutes – One murder occurs
- Every 5.7 minutes – One forcible rape occurs
- Every 1.2 minutes – One robbery occurs
- Every 36.6 seconds – One aggravated assault occurs
- Every 3.2 seconds – One property crime occurs
- Every 14.4 seconds – One burglary occurs
- Every 4.8 seconds – One larceny-theft occurs
Every 26.4 seconds – One motor vehicle theft occurs
National Cyber Security Awareness Month
According to the recently released Norton Cyber Crime Report for 2011, 431 million adults worldwide were victims of cyber crime last year. The total cost of those crimes amounts to some $114 billion.
National Bullying Prevention Month
- According to statistics reported by ABC News, nearly 30 percent (30%) of students are either bullies or victims of bullying, and 160,000 kids stay home from school every day because of fear of bullying
- 37% – teenagers who reported being bullied while at school.
- 52% – of students who reported being cyber bullied
20% of students are physically bullied
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten.
- Around the world, at least one in every three women has been beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused during her lifetime. Most often, the abuser is a member of her own family.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women—more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.
- Nearly 1 in 5 teenage girls who have been in a relationship said a boyfriend threatened violence or self-harm if presented with a breakup.
- Every day in the US, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.
Six million American women are beaten each year by their husbands or boyfriends. 4,000 of them are killed each year.
What would you do if you suddenly came face-to-face with a criminal? In these times, it is highly likely that young women are the majority target for criminals. However, crime can happen to anyone, at anyplace, and at anytime. Will you know what to do in an encounter with a criminal? it is not a matter of if it will happen to you, but when! Are you prepared with the tools, knowledge, and skills to reduce your risk and protect yourself and your loved ones when the need arises?
Instead of being paralyzed with fear, you can be armed with the correct tools to STOP a potentially life altering event if you buy the correct protection and arm yourself with the knowledge of how to protect yourself and guard your property. Don’t let some low life criminal activity negatively impact your life. Don’t become the next individual or statistic on the growing list of crime victims.
PepperEyes.com is dedicated to providing you with the best and most affordable personal protection products on the market to meet the security needs of you, your family members or your business, by assisting anyone who is unwilling to become a victim of crime.