‘Cops: Woman sexually assaulted after meeting man on ‘Tagged’ (click here for story)
I many of my posts about sexual assault and young women, perhaps I forgot to underscore NOT meeting a total stranger in a private location. While my heart goes out to the young lady. Young ladies need to be careful using social media apps like TAGGED or even Foursquare. There is/was an app called ‘The Girls Around Me ‘ that used Foursquare data to detect women who checked into a user’s neighborhood, and there are many others that you can research that will allow people to track, stalk, or hunt you down.
THINGS YOU SHOULD DO
- Conventional wisdom says that you should give out very little information about yourself as possible when meeting someone online. This counters you other goal, to find out as much of that information as you can about the other person. You should always be careful sharing info online, but if you’re going to anyway, focus on finding safe places to contact people. Just from dropping bread crumbs like where you work, or go to school, or what classes you are in, a resourceful person can start stalking you.
- DO NOT disclose where you live or for that matter, any personal information that could lead to your address, such as your home phone number, last name, or an email address that includes your last name. While most men on the Internet are just as normal as you are, you don’t want a serial rapist ringing your doorbell, even if he’s carrying a box of assorted chocolates and a bouquet of flowers.
- Once you’ve done your assiduousness in finding out who the person is and what concerns you should have, set up a meeting plan. Don’t just choose only one well-lit, public location to meet at. Choose lots of them in different locations if possible. If it’s a date or a social gathering, you may want to leave your initial spot and go somewhere else.
- Before you head out, set up your smartphone to share your location with your friends or family. Apps like Moby can let those you trust see where you are at all times. Taking someone with you is better, particularly if you’re dealing with a stranger, but let’s be real. You’re not going to bring two friends on your first date with someone you met online. In that case, use the virtual buddy system to ensure someone has your back.
- NEVER EVER GO SOME PLACE ALONE
- CARRY PEPPER SPRAY…JUST in Case!
PepperEyes.com is dedicated to providing you with the best and most affordable self-defense products on the market to meet the security needs of you, your family members or your business, by assisting anyone who is unwilling to become a victim of crime. If you want to take personal responsibility for self protection, home security, business security, purchase our high quality discount self-defense products and arm yourself with the knowledge about self-defense and security products and information of the best way to stay secure in an ever-increasing violent world. In today’s society, being equipped mentally and physically is no longer an option.
AMERICA’S Crime RAP SHEET (CLICK THIS LINK)
Check out this interesting graphic that breaks down the crime rate in America.
- Did you know that the US rates 6th in the World for Rape?
- Did you know that 1 in 33 People were Robbed last year?
Over 14,700 people are killed by homicide in the US every year:
- Profile of who is killed:
Race doesn’t seem to matter–
And from 18-34 you’re a prime target
In the United States, crime happens all the time! Crime can happen to anyone, at any place, and at any time. Women are especially targeted by criminals. What will you do when you suddenly come face-to-face with a criminal? It is not a matter of ‘if’ it will happen to you, but ‘when’ it will happen to you!
Are you prepared with best personal self-defense equipment, knowledge about safety, and self-defense skills to reduce your risk and protect yourself, your family or your property, when the need arises? Instead of being paralyzed with fear, you can be armed with the correct self-defense tools to PREVENT a potentially life altering event.Don’t let some low life criminal activity negatively impact your life. If you are asking where you can buy pepper-spray or other security products you have come to the right place.
is dedicated to providing you with the best and most affordable self-defense products on the market to meet the security needs of you, your family members or your business, by assisting anyone who is unwilling to become a victim of crime. If you want to take personal responsibility for self protection, home security, business security, purchase our high quality discount self-defense products and arm yourself with the knowledge about self-defense and security products and information of the best way to stay secure in an ever-increasing violent world. In today’s society, being equipped mentally and physically is no longer an option.
Beware of Power Company Scammers
I don’t know what it is about some people, that need to take advantage of people who are already hurting. Read the story with this link and if you have a suspicious caller wanting to charge you for something. CALL TO INVESTIGATE
Another one to warn my readers about. The cyber crooks do not hesitate to exploit the most basic fears of people; the sudden death of a friend or relative. The e-mail message claims to be from a funeral home and notifies the recipient about an upcoming funeral and instructs them to click a link to view their invitation and more details about the ceremony. (HINT: even then this is the 21st Century..most funeral homes don’t send out e-mail notices)
Of course the email is a phishing scam and clicking on the link opens a compromised website that tries to download Trojan malware to the workstation and makes it a zombie connected to a botnet. Here is a picture how this scam looks:
Alternative versions name different funeral homes. Subject lines, formatting, and other details may vary. But, all versions contain links to compromised websites that contains malware.
Those who do fall for the trick and click the link will reach a website that may offer a .zip download. If downloaded and unzipped, the file will reveal a malicious .exe file. When opened, this exe file can install malware on the user’s computer and connect to the infamous Asprox botnet. It may also download and install other malware components. This is the same approach of how people those links on Facebook that ask you to install software to see a video about you.
This campaign is also similar to another recent spate of malware emails that discuiguised as wedding invitations. Again, links in the emails open compromised sites that contained malware.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
- If you receive one of these fake funeral notification emails, do not click any links or open any attachments that it may contain. DELETE IT.
- If you receive anything that requires you to install software…DELETE IT.
One Ring Phone Scam (Click Here)
Don’t recognize that number on your cell phone that just called and hung up…Before you call back READ the attached article